Monday, February 23, 2009

It's a BOY!! ...and B-day trip

Yes...we recently found out that Baby K #2 will be a little guy. My guess is a blond-haired, blue-eyed little guy:-) We're thrilled. Sophia is especially excited that she's going to be a Big Sister. She currently wants to name little brother "Tinkerbell"...hmmmm. Not sure if that flows with Kauffman?!?!? She loves talking to my tummy and says she's going to help change his diapers and sing to him. We'll see if she follows through:-) Precious times.

In other Kauffman family news...Justin and I took a 4 day trip up the coast a couple of weeks ago. Made possible by Mom and Dad K flying out from Illinois to hang with Sophia for the weekend..thanks you two!! Justin had put a lot of time and thought into this trip which was a surprise for my #30 Birthday. I didn't know where we were going until the day before...I LOVE surprises!! Although it rained for about 90% of our trip, we still had a great time. And it was our first overnight trip since we've had Sophia so it was much needed and appreciated rain or shine. We traveled to Catalina Island, Monterey, and San Francisco and enjoyed the scenery in between! Here are a few pics...

View from The Zane Grey, our hotel...awesome!














Getting ready to head back to shore















Cannery Row and Justin feeding a bird in Monterey

































We thought we lost our camera in San Francisco...so no pics:-) But here's a classic that makes me smile...




5 comments:

Mindy said...

Congratulations on #2!!! Little boys are so much fun!

Glad you two could getaway for a weekend too! Looks like fun!

Unknown said...

A boy! How wonderful! When are you due?
So next time you need to come to San Fran and we will meet you there. We would love to see you again and meet Sophia.

Monica said...

A boy! Yay! You know what's crazy? We had a blonde haired-blue eyed girl, then a blonde haired-blue eyed boy AND I was preg with Noah on my 30th birthday. It's almost like we're leading parallel lives! Next you'll quit having more kids, move to Lakeport and own your own business, right? Yippee!!!

Also, I'm thinking about where I might travel (by car) with my kids during summer vacay. When is your son due in case we end up down that way?

Monica said...

A boy! Yay! You know what's crazy? We had a blonde haired-blue eyed girl, then a blonde haired-blue eyed boy AND I was preg with Noah on my 30th birthday. It's almost like we're leading parallel lives! Next you'll quit having more kids, move to Lakeport and own your own business, right? Yippee!!!

Also, I'm thinking about where I might travel (by car) with my kids during summer vacay. When is your son due in case we end up down that way?

Marie Boian-Meyer said...

CONGRATULATIONS KATIE!! That's great! And I can tell you that boys are fun!
The pictures are amazing of your getaway. I'm so jealous of your nice weather! Illinois is cold and blah!