Friday, October 30, 2009

An Illinois Autumn...


There's nothing like it in my opinion:-) We were back for a visit a couple of weeks ago (I'm finally getting pics posted!) and were blessed with several days of sunny, crisp, colorful Fall days! Of course, there were a few of those nasty, cold, rainy days too...but they beautiful ones more than made up for it~

We were able to spend some time with our families and a few friends (although there never seems to be enough time to see everyone we'd like to or have enough time to catch up with the ones we do get to see!!) It was kind of a whirlwind...and still is somewhat of a blur.

Traveling with 2 kiddos on an airplane across the country was new territory for us! All in all, it went fairly well...besides the meltdown, "throw myself on the ground tantrum for an unknown reason" in the 4 foot wide jetway while everyone else is walking past us to board the plane. It happened at the end of a very long and busy week with very little sleep so it was kind of understandable. Looks like we'll have to make sure Justin gets plenty of rest next time:-)

Here are some pics of some of the highlights (the ones that I got pictures of anyway! So bummed that I didn't have my camera on me for some other special moments...ugh. Doesn't seem like a big deal in the moment, but then I kick myself later!):




















Celebrating Grandma K's Birthday



















Learning Great Granny's "Leaf Song":-)


















4 generations of handsome Kauffman men!






















Walking @ the Farm with Uncle Bob (walking stick in hand!)


















Meeting Uncle TJ for the first time!

















Soph's first combine ride!


















Chillin' in a combine tire with Max (after the runaway bunny chase:-)





















Dressing up with Aunt Maddie.
















All the Ely grandchildren minus Ezra and York:-(
















Family Pic at the Johnson Wedding (right before some crazy style Greek dancing! So much fun!)





















Sophia and fellow flower girl, Elise, or "Miss Elise" as Soph calls her:-)


















Thought this pic nicely summed up our time since we've been back in Cali!

Until next time....


3 comments:

Teri Palmer said...

Looks like you had a great trip! So happy it went fairly well, minus the meltdown:) Love you--teri

Teri Palmer said...

Looks like you had a great trip! So glad everything went fairly well, minus the meltdown:) love you--teri

The Ericksons said...

Oh my gosh, those are great! I laughed out loud at the Justin meltdown comment, I can't believe how Ez has grown (I've got to see him!), that is one huge tractor (can I call it that?), and LOVE the pics of the family and Sophia's crazy clip hair! I could say more!!! :)