Saturday, August 29, 2009

Happy Birthday Princess!

Ya, this post is a little late. Sophia's 3rd Birthday was on Tuesday ...unfortunatley I went to the Dr. on Wednesday and found out I had strep throat (ugh!) so I've been pretty much out of commission this week (as in my newborn son needed a bath since Wednesday and just got one today kind of "out of commission"!) 

Anyway, the sweet girl celebrated her special day over the course of several days...in true "milking your birthday as long as you can" fashion! 
On Saturday we went to play at Chuck E. Cheese with a few friends for a couple of hours....pretty sure that's where I picked up my bug...yuck! But she had fun dancing with Chuck E. Cheese. BTW...that place seemed so much bigger and more impressive when I was 6 years old...the one we went to this year only had 1 moving giant fur covered robot! What ever happened to the enormous dog, chicken, monster, and bear that played instruments, sang songs and scared the kids?? Sophia had a blast anyway:-)  



















She's slightly intrigued by the giant dancing mouse:-) 































Don't worry Ez, you'll get in on some skee-ball next year!
















Promised a cake pic to some people...here's how it turned out! 

I can't believe we have a 3-year-old! I'm going to miss this year of having a 2 year old in a lot of ways. We've had such a neat year with her. We're so blessed to be mommy and daddy to this precious little one. Watching her learn and grow everyday is one of the most amazing experiences that God has given us. Can't wait to see what the next year has in store! 

A few days ago, all four of us were playing in her room while she was bouncing on her bed. Out of nowhere, she stops and says, "I'm growing up so fast!" followed by, "Does that make you sad, mommy?".  After laughing at her saying that (and sniffling inside because it's true!) I realized that I need to stop sounding so sad when I tell her how fast she's growing up. Too cute. 

On her actual birthday, I had this plan to fill her room with balloons so that when she woke up in the morning, she would find them and start her birthday off right! After blowing up about 30 balloons (mind you I have strep throat at this point and don't know it!) and herding them into her room in the dark at 11:00pm, I crash into bed. Justin and I are awakened at 3:00am by a half asleep, confused munchkin asking us, "what is this?", "who did this?", "why are there balloons in my room?"....sooooo confused. Once she woke up completely and realized what had happened, there was no getting her back to sleep. I mean, you're 3. There are 30 balloons in your room. How can you sleep?? So we let her come in our room to try to settle down. Ya right! She finally fell back asleep at 5:30am. My "balloon surprise" plan MAJORLY backfired! :-) On the brightside, they have bought mommy some serious play time in the last few days!  
















And oh, how our little Ez-man is growing! He's started smiling a couple weeks ago which is about enough to make me melt every time.....


4 comments:

Teri Palmer said...

Oh my goodness!!! How precious! I loved the age of 3 with both our kids. It will be fun, I promise. And I love the little video of Ezra. It was so cute, I could have cried. Much love to you all!!--teri

Molly said...

Bravo on the cake yet again, you're my cake makin" idol! Looks like you guys had a fun 3 yr. old birthday. And Ezra looks so big already, and handsome of course.

Monica said...

Thanks for posting! I've been dying to see little Ezra. What a cutie pie!!!

Amazing cake! I think you need to start a cake business!

And the balloons...we decorate our kids' rooms too, but have never had them wake in the night to find it. That's funny. Although, when I saw the pic of yours all i could see was little balls of strep throat all over Soph's room! :o)

You have a beautiful family!

The Ericksons said...

LOVE the idea of a "balloon surprise!" I wanted to do it for Ava when she's older until I read the consequence. Thanks for testing that one out for me! :)